You have recently completed teeth whitening treatment, and now you need to maintain the shine on your teeth so you don’t feel that your money has gone to waste. Well, you’ve come to the right place. You will learn some helpful teeth whitening aftercare tips in keeping teeth white at home.
When completing teeth whitening treatment, there are many questions patients ask regarding how long it will be until their teeth start to degrade in colour and shade after treatment. Well, the answer is for as long as you can look after them with strong oral hygiene. When teeth are white, they stay white, but only if they’re looked after.
The Teeth Whitening Aftercare Tips
Follow the below tips at home to keep your teeth white for the long term as part of the teeth whitening aftercare:
- Adopt A Strong Oral Routine– The first recommendation will always be to maintain a strong oral routine. The dentist can produce a treatment plan for you to use at home as well. This comprises certain lifestyle tips along with brushing and flossing to get the best care your teeth deserve. Usually, the dentist will recommend the following in your oral routine:
- Brushing and flossing twice a day
- Eating clear and softer foods that are rich in calcium
- Rinsing your mouth after eating
- Avoiding sugary treats and candy
- Recommendations for using special fluoride toothpaste
- Regular Dental Check-Ups – Regular visits to the dentist is important. The dentist will make sure you keep up with your strong oral routine so the whiteness on your teeth continues to shine through. The dentist will also check for things such as if you’re in danger of infection or whether cavities are forming. Just because your teeth are white, it doesn’t mean you’re not resistant to any oral health problems. Your teeth may even be perfectly healthy, but it is important for dentists to keep a check on your oral health. It’s recommended that regular check-ups are scheduled every six months.
- Reduce Tannins, Alcohol and Smoking – Tannins, naturally found in coffee, alcohol and smoking degrade the shine on your teeth and causes discolouration. If you like a coffee shot in the morning, along with regularly drinking and smoking, consider reducing your intake as it gives more chance of your teeth staying white for longer. Replace these with water.
- Eat More Plant-Based Foods Containing Calcium – Foods that contain calcium and phosphate are important for your enamel because the enamel protects your teeth from any harm and keeps your teeth strong. Incorporate foods in your diets such as milk, cheese, broccoli, fruits and nuts. Avoid snacking frequently, including avoiding sugars. If you do decide to snack, keep it limited and make sure you rinse your mouth to keep debris away from your mouth.
Keeping teeth strong, healthy and shiny provides strong smiling confidence, high self-esteem, and positive well-being. If you incorporate the above tips in your lifestyle, you will go a long way in keeping your teeth strong and white for longer. Do not waste your hard-earned money by eating and drinking properties that can damage them.
Are you seeking support with your teeth? Have recently had teeth whitening treatment? Contact us and tell us, and let us here at Sutherland Dental help you keep those pearly whites shining!