Follow This Guide To Keep Your Teeth Clean And Healthy After Cosmetic Treatment
You’ve just completed your appointment for cosmetic dentistry. Your teeth look and feel white, shiny and healthy. So, now what? Once your appointments completed, it is important that your teeth are still treated with due care and attention. Adopting a positive oral routine is a big step in making sure your teeth are kept strong and healthy throughout your life. Not only should you do this, but there are other aftercare treatments you should consider maintaining the good health of your teeth.
Follow these aftercare tips to keep your teeth shiny and healthy for the long-term.
The Five Aftercare Tips
- Drink Water Regularly With And Without A Meal – Water keeps your body hydrated but also keeps your teeth healthy by washing away stubborn stains, especially formed after a meal. If stains persist in your teeth, this also increases the dangers of bacteria and cavity forming. These typically form through consumption of colored drinks. Whilst there’s no issue in drinking colored drinks such as soft drinks or tea, keep these in moderation and drink more water.
- Use Special Remedy Toothpaste – Sometimes, normal toothpaste products struggling to deliver that shiny look. After cosmetic treatment, the dentist may recommend special toothpaste with mild abrasive formula destined to improve the effectiveness of keeping teeth clean. What’s more, the chemicals used are safe and benign.
- Regular Brushing and Flossing – This is a basic yet fundamental requirement in your aftercare routine. Regular brushing and flossing, particularly after eating a heavy meal are important to keep plaque and tartar build-up away and limit the chances of bacteria. Electric toothbrushes are known to be more effective than soft-bristled toothbrushes that are usually used.
- Avoid Chewy And Dark Solids That Stain Your Teeth – Avoiding certain favorite foods and drinks can be difficult. It is important that you limit your consumption of dark foods and liquids in your diet. This includes soft and hot drinks, smoking and tobacco products. Stains may form on your teeth that you’ll struggle to remove with normal brushing and flossing, which will mean more frequent treatment of your teeth.
- Consider Sleeping With A Mouthguard – Bruxism suffering is common for many people and the potential wear-and-tear that bruxism causes to your teeth is usually unnoticed. If this happens to you, you suffer from Bruxism. A good solution is to wear a mouthguard at night. A mouthguard relaxes your jaw muscles and prevents your teeth from grinding and clenching whilst you sleep. These ready-made products are usually available from your dentist.
Why not read up here on how cosmetic dentistry can improve the quality of your life?
The way you look after your teeth is important for the betterment of your oral health. Adopt the recommended aftercare tips and your teeth will stay healthy and strong for the long-term. This also saves you money from further expensive treatments in the future.
Improve the quality of your teeth now and book your appointment with Sutherland Dental by clicking here!