Are you seeking a smile makeover, but you have a lot of questions before having cosmetic dentistry? If you want to learn more about the common questions you should ask the dentist before having cosmetic dentistry, then we have everything covered for you right here.
Naturally, there will be questions when you’re trying out new treatments to improve the look and feel of your smile. The person whom these questions need to be directed toward is the dentist.
So, are you after a smile makeover? Let’s break down what constitutes a smile makeover and list some of the common questions that many patients ask before having cosmetic dentistry.
What Is A Smile Makeover?
Think of the words “Smile Makeover” as a transformation of your teeth and smile, with the inclusion of one or many treatments to improve the functioning and aesthetic appearance of your teeth. For example, if you’ve chips and cracks in your teeth and you want them removed or covered, you’d naturally seek cosmetic dentistry because smile makeover treatments are designed to restore what’s missing in your smile.
Here are some of the key oral health issues that a smile makeover can resolve:
- Chips and cracks on your teeth
- Broken teeth
- Discolouration (also known as deep staining)
- Tooth misalignment or crowded teeth
- Gum recession
- Gaps in your teeth
What Questions Do I Ask Before Having Cosmetic Dentistry?
So, to build up towards making the right decision for your smile, what questions do patients typically ask before having cosmetic dentistry?
- What cosmetic dentistry services fall under smile makeover?
- What are the costs of smile makeover treatments?
- Will smile makeover treatments give me long-term results?
- Can dental insurance cover smile makeover treatments?
- What materials would you use during cosmetic dentistry procedures?
- Is surgery necessary for any of the cosmetic treatments?
- How long does it take for a smile makeover?
- Which cosmetic treatments will fix my smile?
What Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments Fall Under Smile Makeover?
Most of these questions can be answered directly by the dentist. However, let’s look at what cosmetic dentistry treatments fall under the smile makeover category.
- Teeth Whitening – Instead of using over-the-counter treatments for short-term results, get it completed by a professional through safe in-chair teeth whitening treatment designed to lighten your teeth by adding several lighter shades to your smile.
- Dental Implants – If you’re seeking a natural-looking prosthetic replacement for a missing tooth, dental implants are a durable, long-term option that requires no support from your neighbouring teeth.
- Dental Veneers – If you want to hide any niggling imperfections to your smile, consider dental veneers. Veneers are wafer-thin shells that are bonded to your natural teeth to hide those chips and cracks you don’t want to public to see.
- Composite Bonding – Tooth-coloured composite materials are designed to fill cavities, repair chips and cracks and close any gaps between your teeth, with a high intensity curing light to harden the material so it bonds to your teeth.
The costs of these treatments vary depending on your needs. This will require further understanding from your dentist so that adequate treatment plans are formulated to deliver the oral health results you’re looking for.
Asking these questions will help you gain a comprehensive understanding of what cosmetic dentistry is and what it means to you. It will also help you make the right decision as to what form of smile makeover treatment will suit your smile.
Consult your dentist today and get ready for your smile makeover transformation!